Supporting leaders, connecting members
The Pacific Plains Region primarily serves IABC members who:
- Are leading their local chapter, or
- Do not have a local chapter in their area
Through personal outreach and professional training, and in partnership with the local and international levels, the Pacific Plains Regional Board builds relationships with leaders and members to enhance their IABC experience. Learn more.
Apply for World Conference Scholarships by April 26!
The IABC Pacific Plains Region is making two (2) 2017 IABC World Conference standard registration scholarships available to region and chapter volunteer leaders. The conference is scheduled for June 11-14 in Washington, D.C.
The conference scholarship program provides future leaders an opportunity to engage at IABC’s World Conference, learn from top communicators and deepen their commitment to our association. We know that this global gathering of communications professionals truly exemplifies the “International” in IABC.
Each scholarship is good for one (1) standard conference registration. The scholarships do not cover additional expenses involved such as for travel, accommodations or meals. These expenses are the responsibility of each scholarship recipient. Individuals who are awarded the scholarships will also need to purchase tickets to attend ancillary events on their own, if so desired.
TO QUALIFY, YOU MUST
- Be a current member of IABC and belong to a Pacific Plains Region chapter
- Special consideration is given to volunteers, including those who serve on a regional or chapter board or committee
- Be a member effective June 11-14, 2017
- Could not attend the IABC World Conference without this scholarship
- Are not already registered for the conference
- Preference given to those who have never attended IABC World Conference
WHAT IABC PPR WILL ASK FROM YOU
In return, we request that you provide an overview report on your experience at the World Conference. This could be in the form of video, photo or blog updates; or a robust recap of World Conference that we can publish on our web and social media channels.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for a scholarship, candidates are asked to submit a document that covers the following:
- Outline of contributions to IABC
- Statement of need for financial assistance
- Description of why you are involved in IABC and how you hope to continue your commitment
- Your plan to communicate your experience at World Conference
- A 144-character or less sample tweet on the value you would get from World Conference
Self-nominations are encouraged. Due to the tight time frame for planning, please send in your nominations by the end of the business day on April 26, 2017.
Nominations may be emailed to the attention of IABC PPR Chair Ed Kamrin, CMP at email@example.com.