New Board Elected to Lead Pacific Plains Region 2016-2017
The IABC Pacific Plains Region announces its 2016-2017 Board of Directors following ratification by chapter leaders and senior delegates:
- Chair – Ed Kamrin, San Francisco
- Past Chair – Kim Arnold, ABC, Omaha
- Vice Chair – Michelle Simms, San Francisco
- Regional Growth & Development Director – TBD
- Professional Development Director – Ben Matthews, Utah*
- Finance Director – Laura Osborn, Omaha*
- Communications Director – Kim Holzapfel, Omaha*
- Chapter Advocate – Stephanie Grant, Minnesota*
- Chapter Advocate – Brandon Babcock, Iowa*
- Chapter Advocate – Claudia Miller, Orange County
- Chapter Advocate – Kate Hardman, ABC, San Diego
- Chapter Advocate – Brian Everett, ABC, Minnesota
*Indicates new members.
Outgoing board members who completed terms in 2015-2016 are Past Chair Rhonda Sciarra, St. Louis; Communications Director Amy Barnett, Minnesota; Finance Director Jennel McDonald, San Francisco; Chapter Advocate Christi Dixon, Seattle; and Chapter Advocate Andrea Blowers, Great Plains. The board accepts nominations annually for open positions, approves a slate to be presented to the membership, then invites members to ratify the slate via email.
The new board began overseeing region policy and procedures on July 1. Throughout the year, the Pacific Plains Region Board typically meets via conference call on the third Friday of the month.
The Pacific Plains Region serves chapter leaders and members at large by providing guidance, support and development opportunities. The region covers chapters in 16 states from California to Wisconsin.